Tooth Whitening in El Paso, Texas
Most people can benefit from professional dental whitening treatments. However, teeth bleaching, in general, is not suitable for everyone. Consult with your dentist in El Paso, TX, before you try any OTC whitening products, especially if you have:
- Dental work, particularly on the front teeth
- Gum infection
- Stains or discoloration
- Teeth sensitivity
- Tooth decay
- White spots on the enamel
Newly whitened teeth can last anywhere from 4–12 months. But this all depends on the type of whitening process used. Furthermore, the foods and drinks you consume every day have a big impact on the longevity of your results. Highly pigmented foods and beverages like coffee, tea, and blueberries can create new tooth stains.
To maintain your brightest smile without having a teeth whitening treatment, practice good oral care habits every day.
Types of Dental Whitening Treatments
If your dentist in El Paso, TX agrees that tooth whitening is safe for you, you have several options:
- OTC Teeth Whitening Kits: If you choose over-the-counter whitening treatment, be sure to select an ADA-approved product. Also, follow the directions as stated on the package. It can take 7–30 days to achieve the desired results with OTC whitening kits.
- Dentist-Supervised Dental Whitening: You will get better and faster results with dentist-supervised whitening treatments than you will with OTC products.
- Walter L. Tippin DDS, Paul Apilado DDS, Inc, we offer two types of professional teeth whitening treatments:
- In-Office Teeth Whitening Treatment: Typically, teeth become up to 10 shades whiter.
- Take-Home Whitening Kits: These products are dispensed by a dentist. They offer a higher concentration of the bleaching agent than OTC kits. In addition, professional at-home whitening is simple to use.
Professional Teeth Whitening — In-Office
After completing a thorough dental exam, your El Paso dentist will determine if tooth whitening is a safe option to brighten your smile. If you decide on in-office whitening or at-home dentist-supervised treatment, your dentist will:
- Protect the soft tissues of the mouth by covering the gums and lips. Only your teeth will be exposed to the bleaching agent.
- Apply a the professional-grade whitening gel to your tooth surfaces
- Expose your treated teeth to a curing light for about 15 minutes. This process will help the whitening gel penetrate and brighten teeth.
- You might be able to listen to music or watch television while you wait
- This process will be repeated two more times
Call our El Paso, TX dental clinic at 915-855-4200 to schedule your teeth whitening consultation.