Digital X-Rays in El Paso, Texas
Digital radiography, often called a digital x-ray, is a healthier, safer alternative to traditional x-rays offered at the dental office of Walter L. Tippin DDS, Paul Apilado DDS, Inc. Rather than using traditional x-ray film, a digital x-ray uses an electronic sensor to take images of your teeth. The images can then be quickly transferred directly to the dentist’s computer file.
Benefits of Digital X-rays:
- Digital x-rays reduce patient radiation exposure by up to 90 percent when contrasted to the already low exposure of conventional dental x-rays.
- Your dentist can immediately view images and zoom in on them, enabling them to detect any oral health problems quicker and more efficiently.
- Digital x-rays do not demand the use of film processing, eradicating the need to throw out harmful waste products and chemicals into the environment.
Dental x-rays are crucial for showing valuable oral information not always visible to your dentist during a regular dental exam. It is a diagnostic tool that is helpful in preventing gum and tooth disease. They enable dentists to view the areas between teeth and under the gum line. This information can be used to safely and reliably detect hidden dental irregularities to create the best treatment plan for you and your teeth. Without the use of x-rays, certain oral problems may go unnoticed and therefore untreated, potentially risking your health over time.
Dental X-Rays Show:
- Bone loss
- Decay between teeth
- Development irregularities
- Tooth and root positioning
- Problems in and around a tooth
- Problems below the gum line
Preventing dental problems and guarding against disease can save you time, money, and avoidable discomfort. Digital x-rays are better for your health and safety, but they also have the added benefit of being faster and more comfortable to take. They reduce the average time needed in the dental office for processing traditional x-rays. Even though digital and traditional dental x-rays are generally very safe, we continue to take the essential precautions to limit your exposure to radiation. Precautions include only taking x-rays when necessary and using lead apron shields to protect the body from unnecessary radiation.
To schedule an appointment, call the dental office of Walter L. Tippin DDS and Paul Apilado DDS today!